Saturday, August 23, 2008

My First Post

Everyone blogs nowadays. I guess some people would call it cliche'. If you know me, then you probably already know that I generally do not give a shit what others think. By the way, in case you did not notice, I am an ordained minister and yes, I say "shit" ... It's one of my favorite words, along with some others. Anyway ...

A long time ago, a wise person told me the first step to being heard is to discover your voice. Every person has a voice - it is their own - it is unique - it is distinct to the individual.

There was a time, I felt certain, I possessed that voice. For many reasons, I feel it was lost for a period of time. In my profession, if you lose your voice, you run the risk of losing your calling.

This blog is more for me as it is for anyone else. I feel my voice is finally returning. If finding my voice again helps others to find theirs, it will be a great journey we share.


Most of what I write will be theological in nature. Some might call it "spiritual" - but to me spirituality IS theological. I might post a sermon I have written from time to time. I might put something here I otherwise could not put in a sermon or newsletter article (for example, the word "shit"). I might just post some reflections from the everday and find a way to connect it to the Holy. To me, that IS how our voice is formed - by connectiing our own thoughts to that which is holy and sacred in our world.

If this kind of things interests you, check back from time to time or email me and let's engage in a discussion - let's help one another find our respective voices.

With grace and peace,

PDC

No comments: